Why is it so difficult to leave the comfort zone?
No matter how much our heart tells us we can’t live another year, another month, or even another day settling for the present conditions of our life, it seems like the brain speaks loudest and we find an excuse to stay stuck and not make a change.
There is a laundry list of reasons why. Steady paychecks live in the comfort zone. The significance of an “important” job title lives in the comfort zone, as does the certainty of feeling safe.
While these are all powerful inhibitors, I believe there is an even bigger force which keeps us playing small.
The approval of other people.
When clients tell me about their fears, the train always stops at the same place. Underneath the issues of financial insecurity lies a deeper fear loved ones will be ashamed and abandon us if we go broke. The real underlying fear about making a career change is the judgement of parents/spouses/friends who don’t believe the new dream is “realistic.” Making healthy lifestyle changes are difficult if our current social circle still likes to go out and party to excess. We don’t want to feel abandoned if we walk away from what is familiar.
However, meaningful transformation always comes with the risk of losing the approval of people whose love and attention we crave most, which brings me to the point of this email.
As Will Smith once said, “You will see how far you will go in life when you look at the 5 people you spend the most amount of time with.”
When you are surrounded by people who believe what you believe and support your dreams, you will thrive.
Conversely, if your immediate circle of influence consists of people who don’t share your values or support your highest vision for your life, it can become discouraging and easy to give up.
In 2015, as I felt pulled to walk away from the only career I had known to launch this business, there were people who thought I’d lost my mind. My father, whose broadcasting footsteps I had followed for over 20 years, figured I had hit a mid-life crisis. He urged me to go back to corporate America and “build my business slowly.” When I said I couldn’t do that, he offered to pay for me to go to bartending school
(Side note: Imagine that for a second… A life coach as a bartender, urging people to NOT buy that sixth drink and to think about their choices. I would have been fired on the first day).
My girlfriend reminded me how 9 out of 10 new businesses fail. Her parents would send me job postings for local office jobs in Tampa, thinking I could apply and make my coaching business “Plan B.”
Even many of my old radio colleagues, who were used to the snarky, cynical, radio DJ version of me, were baffled when my Facebook feed became a series of inspirational and motivational posts. People would literally text me messages saying “What the f**k has happened to you?”
And to be honest, there were times I felt like I was letting people down by trying to walk a new path. There were occasions when I let other people’s doubt make me doubt my own intuition. Some days, I thought it would easier to live up (or down) to everyone else’s expectations than to follow my dream.
The fear is understandable. All of us are meant to be with people and thrive together. By our very nature, we are tribal creatures.
But you can’t go back to sleep after you have an awakening. My entrepreneur dream wasn’t a self-indulgent whim… it was the Universe calling me to evolve into a better version of me. This meant I only had two choices.
I could begin to completely cut out the doubters from my life… which didn’t feel like a loving thing to do. After all, it wasn’t like anyone emasculated or verbally abused me for my choice. In fact, everyone was trying to protect me from disappointment if things didn’t work out. They were acting from a place of love, even if at times it felt like a lack of support.
The alternative became to find a group of peers who were also on the same path. I needed to build a tribe of like-minded people who also wanted to use their gifts to contribute in a bigger way. I needed people who were also experiencing an unfolding of their best selves and committed to pushing beyond the same fear-based patterns that keep most people stuck.
Finding my “soul tribe” became easier once I committed to going deeper with my personal growth work. As I worked with my own life coaches, went to conferences, and joined the right online communities, things began to shift. I began to truly own what my purpose was. I became more clear about what my values were and what I wanted out of life.
Then almost magically, I began to forge new relationships with people who matched that energy. We began to email, skype, and call each other on a regular basis. Very quickly, they became my “go-to” phone call when I found myself having a setback or feeling like I wasn’t good enough to make my dream happen.
And here’s the truth. If I did not find my tribe, I wouldn’t be writing this letter to you today. I would have run back to the safety and certainty of familiar surroundings after my first setback or two.
I went from feeling like I was living alone on an island to feeling completely seen, loved, and supported. These were people who truly accepted me for who I was, not for who I tried to be to survive in corporate America.
That was a game changer.
I’ve shared with you before that every meaningful transformation has three key components. You need a mentor, a structure, and a system. However, there is a fourth element which is crucial to your success.
So, as I looked for the next way I can make an impact this year, my questions became:
- How can I share the tools and knowledge that transformed my life and the lives of clients across 6 countries with as many people as possible?
- How can I support people who are ready and committed to having a breakthrough, but might not have the budget to invest in private coaching?
- How can I help people create their own tribe of like-minded people who are ready to support them as they take courageous action and make change NOW?
As I look at the coaching market, I see a variety of 8-week group coaching programs, but most of them come with a bunch or recorded modules with little interaction. The teacher produces content and the student consumes it.
But when you encounter a setback….
Or if you feel stuck…
There is little to no personal interaction.
Some programs will offer a few group coaching teleconference calls, but there will be 300-500 people in the program, making it almost impossible to get the level of personal attention needed to have a real breakthrough.
Furthermore, these courses typically come at a price tag in the $2000 range.
If I were going to commit to coaching a group of students, I wanted things to be different. I wanted it to be priced at a cost where anyone with the desire to improve their life could afford it.
I wanted it to be interactive so I could get to know you, you could get to know me, and everyone could interact with me personally, so I can help you through your sticking points.
Most of all, I wanted to create a tight-knit community of people with an ability to interact and support each other daily, not just on a group call.
With that in mind, I’m offering an 8-week group coaching program unlike anything I’ve offered before.
Are you ready to live life Thriving & Fulfilled? Let me share a fantastic coaching opportunity to thrive, find your tribe, and take your life to the next level!
First and foremost, you get unprecedented access to me 7 days a week:
- If you need help making yourself a priority, I will show you how to create radical self-care rituals which give you the energy and focus to show up as a better employee, parent, spouse, and friend.
- If you are struggling to understand why you haven’t been happy no matter what you seem to do, I will help you understand your fundamental needs and how to meet them in ways that empower you instead of disempower you.
- If you really want to become self-approved, rather than waiting for everyone else in your life to make you feel like you’re “enough,” I will teach you the mindset shifts to get there.
- If you want to understand WHY you have carried those self-limiting beliefs so long, I will help you get to the core of why they exist, and how you can move beyond them.
- If you want a bulletproof plan to finally move beyond fear and start making progress, I will be there to mentor you through the process.
The bottom line is that whatever might be preventing you from designing the life you want will be addressed by me personally, with the support of your new soul tribe. Which is another unique aspect to this program.
We’ve all heard the old acronym for Team, which is "Together Everyone Achieves More."
Well that’s 100% true and we’re going to take full advantage of that here. After you join, you’ll be sent a private invitation to join me and your new tribe in a secret Facebook group that I’ve set up.
Why a Facebook group? Because it’s going to allow you, myself, and the entire mentoring group a chance to chat, connect, and share our experiences in a confidential way. I get to see your faces and we all get to know each other on a more personal level which just isn’t possible anywhere else.
We’re going to work as a team, learn as a team, and GROW as a team.
No matter where you are on your personal growth path, you’re going to have the support of myself and every other member of this community. I will be active in the group each day, answering questions, providing you free guided meditations and resources, and helping you celebrate the small wins in between our weekly group sessions.
So even though you are here for yourself… you will never be by yourself.
And that brings me to what might be the most exciting part of the opportunity that’s in front of you today...The price of admission.
Given the fact most prerecorded online courses are selling for thousands of dollars, I think it’s fair to say I could charge a premium for this opportunity.
After all, you are getting 8 weeks of LIVE, weekly, in-person training. You'll learn proven tools and strategies to help you create more purpose, passion, love, joy, and fulfillment in ALL aspects of your life. These strategies will work for you today, a year from now, and will probably still work in 100 years. (Value for the weekly group coaching: $800)
Plus, you get DAILY access to me in the private Thriving & Fulfilled Facebook group with an ability to ask questions and get ongoing support 7-days a week. I don't know many coaches, therapists, or mentors who offer this level of access. (Value: Priceless)
And I’m throwing in extra bonuses if you sign up today:
- In week 5- we will replace the group coaching session with a 1-on-1 private mentorship session so we can focus entirely on YOU, helping you apply the valuable tools you are learning and speed up your learning curve. (Value: $200).
- A bonus group coaching session for early bird signups that takes place BEFORE the program even begins. Why wait to start identifying and destroying your self-limiting beliefs? I want you to have a head start on the rest of the group. (Value: $100)
- Lifetime access to a library of guided meditations I create especially for our tribe, helping you quiet your mind and connect to your inner wisdom (Value: $97)
- After our 8-weeks together are through, I will throw in another BONUS group coaching session on building an abundance mindset. If you are a person who lives in fear of your finances, this session will help you break through so you can begin to feel more abundance NOW! (Value: $100)
In total, this is over $2000 in value that you can get for a one-time investment of $697 (or two installments of $375)!
Want to get the same value but put an extra $100 back in your pocket? Sign up by 5pm EST on Friday, March 3rd and get an early bird price of $597!
That’s it. There are no upsells and nothing else to buy.
I am only accepting up to 6 people into the Thriving & Fulfilled program, so if it sounds like what you’ve been needing and searching for, click here and let’s reserve your spot.
Imagine if in just 8 weeks you:
- Create a soulful community of peers who actually “get” your dream, your passion, and your goals. You will be supported every step of the way as you take courageous action to make them happen.
- Have a clear vision for where your life is going, but also have a toolbox of real, easy-to-understand strategies to help you achieve it.
- Are out of the cycle of indecision and inaction and are taking massive steps towards creating lasting, meaningful change. Better health, better relationships, more self-love. What if you were taking powerful action towards your creative pursuits or leaving the soul-sucking career that drains you?
- Woke up each day feeling EXCITED about the day ahead, knowing your contributions during the day represented the best version of you!
I know what it’s like to read things like this and have that cynical voice in your head say “These things aren’t really possible for ME.”
However, if you’re still reading and you’ve made it this far, it says to me there is a higher wisdom inside of you saying “It’s time to take a leap and make a change.”
I can’t tell you how your friends and family will react when you make the leap. I can’t promise you every person in your life will understand or support your desire to create new possibilities for your life.
However, I can share two game changing lessons I’ve learned on my personal growth journey.
First, the Universe loves to fill empty spaces. Whatever void is left by anyone who you won’t be part of this awesome new chapter in your life will be replaced… and it’s always replaced with something better than was there before. New relationships... new jobs... new creative opportunities. They're all waiting to be born. Not next year... NOW!
Secondly, while we all value our connections, the biggest let down in life happens when you lose connection to yourself in order to please other people. That pain is probably what brought you here…to this moment. You want to rediscover who you really are.
You have put yourself on the backburner for too long. Now is the time to give your gifts to the world. Now is your time to live Thriving & Fulfilled.
The program begins on Wednesday, March 15th. Only 6 spots are available. Click here and reserve your spot today.